Monday, April 11, 2011

What a Weekend

So this weekend started out with going to my lovely Quilt Guild Meeting where I learned all kinds of interesting information regarding copyrighting quilts PLUS of course I got to see projects other quilt guild members are working on, which is one of my favorite parts of the monthly meetings.

Are any of my readers part of a quilt guild or other craft group?  I don't know about you but I always feel so energized to get to some sewing afterward.  Very motivating.  SO I did lots of sewing. Unfortunately I can't share pictures for what I worked on this weekend as its all for future presents :)  So stay tuned!
my morning glory's are starting to sprout!!

Sunday was very busy.  Our local Arboretum had its annual sale so hubby and I went just to look.  And ended up buying, of course (who did we think we were kidding?).  Which then meant we had to figure out where to plant our new treasures which is a slightly daunting task as we live on top of very compacted clay.  We often wish for dynamite when digging.

roasted and grilled goodness

Seriously.  Sledge Hammers are a part of our gardening tools.


So we two tired individuals decided that since we had roughly 2 hours free before friends would come over for some bbq (yummers) ... we would build a raised flower bed.

it's starting to come together!!!
And this I am proud of. We designed said 20$ flower bed
first level complete
while sitting in the truck in the parking lot of our local hardware megatropolis.

To the right and left you can see my darling building away.  Patrick feels orange shirts and fancy hats add to the construction process.


And the result is I think wonderful :)
We planted some miniature tomato plants. Two kinds of basil, oregano, bay leaf and lemon thyme.  Plus some Red Sylvia and a Black Eyed Susan (a flower I can't see without thinking of my father).
Oh and don't think I managed to get away with not fabric shopping.  Hancock was having a big fabric sale so I stopped by on the way back from the arboretum to get a couple of things.  Most was only 1$ a yard!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages are moderated by Christine and Dingus (when he is not barking at the neighbors shenanigans that is)