Sunday, April 3, 2011

a forest quilt and an update



I've been hording the designer fabric in this quilt for over a year waiting for inspiration to strike. And boy did it! The main fabrics are a purple forest scene and what I like to think of as a meadow or a garden floral print. I pieced the quilt trying to capture the idea of a meadow seen through the trees and then appliquéd green tree branches and little navy blue birds on top.



The quilt is a perfect lap size or large wall hanging at 51.5" x 44.5". I used all natural cotton batting and strip pieced the back in a soothing modern design that is almost as pretty as the front.  The quit is for sale on Etsy for 230$

On another note. I just got back from my friend Marcy's 'selling' party. Marcy sells Premier Jewelery and was kind enough to let me set up my wares as well.  


I brought over all the bags and towels and stockings I have ready or sell and at the last minute I also brought over some of my unfinished quilts to show my current projects. I think it went well.  At the very least it was exposure :) and I had allot of fun.


The towels are sold in sets of two with the idea of a person using one at a time.  You can switch out the ribbons and dowel from each towel in a set as they coordinate. 





The clutch bags, I can't say enough about these bags. I just love them. They simmer and sparkle and are the perfect size for a dinner or club or dance or wedding or luncheon or well just about anything. I love them!!!!

The stockings are based off of the Xmas stockings I made for Patrick and I a couple of years ago. I have so much fun making them and just love having something completely unique at that time of year when so many of the winter decorations begin to look alike.



As a last note... Blogger is being a real pain with the formating. Patrick and I have given up after playing with this post for over an hour!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages are moderated by Christine and Dingus (when he is not barking at the neighbors shenanigans that is)