Sunday, April 17, 2011

Apples

the initial design
So my dear friend Sean has been blogging about various Apples and her objective reviews of them.  I have truly enjoyed reading about her musings and adventures.  I wanted to commemorate this venture (and her birthed day) with a quilt of course.

I found some charming fabric that said the names of all different apples and the perfect stripe fabric.  Thus insuring the completion of my vision.

Things I like about Sean.  She always can make me laugh.  She shares an offbeat sense of humor and never seems to get embarrassed by my antics.  Her Hair.  The way I can go a tremendous amount of time without seeing her only to fall right into our old ways within minutes of a reunion.  Oh, and how she is one of the best friends a girl can have.  Patrick likes that she picked him out for me :)

Anyway, enough with the mush.  Here are more pictures of her quilt.

These are pictures of me playing with the fabric and layout of the different elements.

I also had some leftover fabric and was trying to decide if I should hoard it or make something else for Sean with it....



Easy choice, I made something else for Sean.


It started out as a pillow case but then since pillow cases are such personal things (i'm very particular about mine and I think Sean is as well)  I changed it into a little carrying bag. Figured she can use it to store the quilt or as a pillow case or as an overnight bag on her adventures about Boston.
This is Patrick modeling the bag.
And last but not least.  A picture of the quilt finished, I only lightly quilted the top rather then an allover meandering or something along those lines as I actually wanted it to have a wrinkled well loved look.  Not sure if i chose right in the end... but...there we have it.
...and the pictures Sean sent me of the quilt in her room.  I think it was the psychic connection between her and I that lead me to pick colors that perfectly matched her coverlet and artwork. 

 
Uncanny isn't it

 :-)

1 comment:

Messages are moderated by Christine and Dingus (when he is not barking at the neighbors shenanigans that is)