Thursday, April 14, 2011

OhhhhMmmmmGeee

I've been so busy getting new items finished, photographed and written up for Etsy today.  I made, what I think are lovely placemats that i'm selling groups of two.  I used some really nice designer fabric and no two are looking alike.  Now for small-ish items you would think i just banged out these four placemats.

But you would be wrong. I worked on them all day (except for a lovely lunch I had with E, C and O).  Perhaps I was being too fussy.  But I had a vision!  Each one had to be different from the other and they all had to feature some of the same fabric.

Then I decided they all needed to have appliquéd hearts.  In separate corners.

Then I decided they all needed to have different decorative stitching.

Obviously I am insane.

Cause then I decided they had to be photographed.. JUST RIGHT.

Which meant props.

Which meant polishing my dining room table (and clearing if off).

Which meant my husband got to play with his optics stuff from the class he's teaching.. Because its nighttime and there is no natural light.

Because I am insane.  But the end result is pretty.  And I got to have a cup of tea in my fancy tea cups since I went to the trouble of taking it out of the china cabinet :)

So yep.  Go to my ETSY and buy them please so I don't further obsess.  Or at the very least swoon over them and gush over how talented I am (wink).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages are moderated by Christine and Dingus (when he is not barking at the neighbors shenanigans that is)