Thursday, January 27, 2011

A flower Garden Quilt


This was another epic quilting journey.  My dear friend Amanda had her daughter Ivy this past October.  That is right, OCTOBER.  I was pretty sick right before her baby shower and so wasn't able to quilt the baby blanket I made her in time.  So I brought ti along and showed it to her , then promptly took it back to finish.  Then my beloved machine broke on me and it was months - months! until I got a chance to bring it in to get fixed.

I had tried finishing it on my older machine.  And while it did an 'ok' job on the small applique part i gave it... it wasn't stellar.  I decided to wait.


You can't see a close up of the 'ok' applique part because... well because.  maybe Amanda wont' notice. Or maybe she will and just think it ads to the charm....

However, I will show you a close up of the boarder fabric. Which I just had in my stash and I have no idea where it came from and this saddens me because I LOVE it.  And yes I want more. (did you read that all in a breathless panicky voice?, Good) If you recognize this fabric please let me know the designer or better yet just mail me a bolt of it. Okay? Thank you. Moving on.

The finished Quilt measure 31 X 31 inches and I have to say it is charming.  I could now go into detail about the Sunday I spent finishing it with Elizabeth and about all the things that went wrong with doing the binding and the dangers of leaving a quilt untouched for months on end without finishing it. But I won't bore you with that.  You can thank me at any time.  I'll instead show you a picture of the finished product shall I?!

Ta-Da!!!
Now the quilt is sitting on my desk at work waiting to finally present it to Amanda.  


1 comment:

  1. Ivy loves her quilt! She knew it was for her as soon as I walked in the door. Of course, she knows EVERYTHING is her her, lol! It is in her crib now, thanks so much for making it :)

    ReplyDelete

Messages are moderated by Christine and Dingus (when he is not barking at the neighbors shenanigans that is)