Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Morse Code Quilt for my nerdtastic guy




For the small percentage of you who didn't know my husband was nerdtastic, and by extension thus so am I, here is proof.  My valentines day present for him.  I crazy quilted the center panel in his favorite colors. and then appliquéd all the 'dots' and 'dashes' needed to give him a little message regarding my feelings for him.  And yes, I used hearts to mark the difference between words, cause well it  was for Valentines day and I was feeling all fuzzy inside.

I used variegated blue thread to appliquéd around the white,
this adds to the homey look I was going for.
 


The pictures don't really do it justice in my oh so humble opinion.  As in person the hanging has almost a vintage or well worn and loved feeling to it.  You know like him and I :)


Here it is displayed in his home office surrounded by the books he loves.

4 comments:

  1. I love the this! Also, it almost looks like a men's neck ties in the background, appropriate for you the original punk professor ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome....like so freaking awesome.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I"m thinking of make some more code quilts as it was allot of fun. Any suggestions on what phrases I should do?

    ReplyDelete

Messages are moderated by Christine and Dingus (when he is not barking at the neighbors shenanigans that is)