Monday, January 24, 2011

Sweet Pillow Dreams

On Sunday I worked on a cute little pillow to match the Log Cabin quilt on the guestroom bed.  I think it came out really pretty. Here are some artsy photos that I took when I put it up on the bed.  I know I know, I've surprised you with my mad photography skills.




Okay I can't lie, I was just to lazy to shut the blinds and figured it was a nice change :).








What I learned:
  • Putting together one log cabin block is allot easier then putting together a quilts worth
  • Free-motion quilting through very tightly woven fabric is pure hell (for lack of a better term).  This was the white fabric on the pillow.  It took me about 4 times as long to quilt this pillow because of all the hangups that occurred.   

 ....... OH and i love (love LOVE) making pillows.


 I was a little short on the material for the back so I ended up striping in a couple of other colors, and in the end it made the pillow all that much better if I do say so myself.

I had a bunch of the fabric cut for the block already as when we cut the pieces for the quilt we way over estimated on the size.  Luckily little OCD me separated all the little pieces out into their own Ziploc baggies and labeled them (no you cannot see this picture).  Thus I was able to just take out the baggies and grab two strips of each size to make the block.  Hopefully this is something I do again as wow, how nice.  Anyway, when picking out the strip pieces I tried to choose the "Purplest" of the bunch as I thought this would make the pillow stand out against the quilt better as the quilt as a whole kinda reads more 'Blue'.  But in the end I'm not sure it worked out that way. But whatever, still pretty.



Okay last picture!   I love it!


Last thought.  Since I plan on spending more time quilting and following other creative endeavors I might be changing my blogs name. I have a couple of ideas I just need to pin it down.  Then I will hopefully be opening an Etsey Shop under the same name.

SEW, stay tuned for more and be sure to 'like' or 'friend' my blog on Facebook!  There should be a little link over to the right of the blog to easily allow you to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages are moderated by Christine and Dingus (when he is not barking at the neighbors shenanigans that is)