Thursday, December 9, 2010

My version of a Bear Claw Quilt

Perhaps the best quilt I've done to date!

So I started working on this quilt some time ago and as is my typical fashion I worked on it steadily with little sleep for a couple of days. Got the majority of it done. And then sat on it for a long time.

Then I finished piecing it together. picked out my back fabric.. and got frustrated again and sat on it some more.

Finlay I sent it to Fay when Patrick went for a visit and she sandwiched and quilted it ever so lovely and sent it back. WITH some binding started because she knows how I am :)

Then i sat on it some more because it was so pretty I was afraid I would ruin it when binding it.

Can you see the amazing quilting?

BUT last night I took the plunge.  Motivated by the fact that it is getting colder and my dear Patrick was shivering at night I thought to myself, perhaps I should just bite the bullet and finish the quilt So I did. and it is lovely.


Patrick helped by organizing my fabric for me which kept me staying at the machine.  I love that he is ocd about things like I am sometimes :) But not all the time :)




One thing i did on this quilt that I have not really done much before is I wrote a little quote along one edge.  Not sure how long it will last but I think it is a nice touch.




"Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."


I did a strip of "meandering squares" at one end of the quilt with scraps of fabric left over. You can see them in the picture to the right there.  I can't decide if I like this strip better at the top or bottom when laying the quilt on the bed.  But I'm glad I added it as I think it adds a bit of a modern twist to the overall design. Plus I loved that fabric and how many different ways I cold combine it all together.

Oh, The quilt is a little larger then the standard queen size, but I folded it up a bit a the top cause I hate tucking in the quilt in the tiny space between our mattress and the foot board :)

Life is good, and our bed is warm. Pat has stopped shivering.

(Like the pillows?  Patrick brought them back from India some time ago, also the purple Sari hanging on the back wall.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages are moderated by Christine and Dingus (when he is not barking at the neighbors shenanigans that is)