Tuesday, December 21, 2010

3 Ladies wrapped in blankets

I know it isn't perfectly squared up.

And if I had a better photo, you could see that the feet are perhaps 'less' then what they should be.

But this was my first applique.

And perhaps that is why I easily look over its little defects and think instead these are what gives the piece personality.

I love the colors I chose. 
Purple!

I love that on the 'red' lady I got the stitching along the blanket trim to look frayed like a true blanket.

I love that the background fabric gives just the right feeling of sand.

I love that finally sucking up my fears regarding applique, that I sat down and just did it. Starting me on a journey that has really added to my quilting experience.



Personal growth, check! 




But perhaps the part of this applique I love the most?  Is the pleased look on my mothers face last Thanksgiving when I presented it to her as her birthday present.

As they say, priceless.

3 comments:

Messages are moderated by Christine and Dingus (when he is not barking at the neighbors shenanigans that is)