Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Leila's Quilts

When my good friends The Hectors (not their real names but a nickname I dubbed them with that stuck) were expecting their little girl I started making them a quilt... that soon became 2 quilts.

The first quilt was mostly flannel with a pink Minky back that was oh so soft.  It reminded me of my baby quilt that is still folded up in all it's patched glory at the top of my closet.
Here it is:












The second quilt was one I couldn't resist making.  I had found this adorable Simpson's fabric and the Hectors are big fans, so how to resist?  Anyway here it is. I backed it with a super soft yellow fabric (perhaps a Minky as well, can't remember).
Here it is:












Leila was born and is I am proud to report a big lover of her quilts.

Picture of Leila with quilt here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages are moderated by Christine and Dingus (when he is not barking at the neighbors shenanigans that is)