Tuesday, July 13, 2010

First Quilt

The story:  When my mother in law Fay came for her first visit to Alabama she brought along some quilting notions with the idea of teaching my husband and I how to quilt.  We did a Ricky Tims quilt that came together beautifully and I was hooked!

I will post a picture of this quilt here

We then all went fabric shopping and I saw a picture of a quilt that I really liked in one of the stores and Fay made a pattern similar to it and we purchased fabric to make it.. and well the rest is history!  I didn't take any pictures immediately and it hung on the wall of our first home for 5 years!  Unfortunately during it's last washing ti didn't hold up so well. Not surprising since my seam allowances were all over the place and I never quilted it more then making a few straight lines.  So I have it folded up now in my closet to one day be patches and fixed.  When I get a chance I will post pictures of this quilt in all its faded glory.

A picture of this quilt here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Messages are moderated by Christine and Dingus (when he is not barking at the neighbors shenanigans that is)