Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Owl always love you

do you like my cow magnets :)
I have a confession.  I love gingham.  It is true.

So I purchased some lovely gingham fabric from an online store (I forget which to be honest) and was ever so excited when the fabric came in the mail.  The colors were perfect. I immediately started to cut into it to make a table runner for myself.

Alas, the fabric was very thin and made itself virtually impossible to use for standard quilting.  I thought I could easily back it with a light stabilizer, but momentarily dejected I didn't move forward.  Thus I now have just this block done.

Now you are thinking to yourself.. but hey Christine that is all very interesting I suppose, but what about these Owls you promised me?

Okay so I had a small horde of leftover fabric from the Owl quilt I made my good friends Alex and Jacob when Donovan was born. This Quilt for some reason I seem only to have one photo of (gasp).

This was a pretty cute quilt I admit.  And I remember really liking the orange and blue combination.  And I did the sashing between the fore sections in a super soft white flannel.
Okay now, back to the gingham. and scraps of leftover Owl fabric.

Ta-Da!

I used my lovely gingham for the center panel.  Then I outlined the panel with a deep purple that I sewed down in such a way that it flaps over the gingham panel which I think is allot of fun.  Wish I was a better photographer so you could see.











Then I created an outside border with that adorable Owl fabric. 




It needed one more Owl element.  So I added two felt Owl appliqués to the center/gingham panel.






I backed the quilt with flannel and fleece creating a super soft cuddle blanket for some special little one.


This Sleepy Owl Quilt will find it's way into my ETSY store shortly :) So tell anyone you know who wants a special way to tell someone they love them.

Sweet Dreams

1 comment:

  1. Super cute, Christine, as usual! I have some fabric for you. My grandma gave it to me along with some other quilting paraphernalia, and let's be honest, I'm not going to learn to quilt at least until Olivia's in Kindergarten!

    ReplyDelete

Messages are moderated by Christine and Dingus (when he is not barking at the neighbors shenanigans that is)